Well, the school year is coming to an end soon and we are praying that Princess JF will be back to her “old self” by then!
But, with the end of this school year comes some big changes for us with the upcoming year. After 9 years of homeschooling our older two, they have decided they want to attend public school next year.
Now, I always told them I wanted to get them at least until high school and then I would give them the option to make their own choice about homeschool.
They have told me for two years they were going to public school, but this time I believe they are serious. This makes me sad, but I raised them to be independent and am proud of their decision. But, again, I am still sad.
I have had the kids home with me for the past 9 years and am already feeling the loneliness without them here. I know, I know, I will still have my baby here with me… but I am still sad.
I feel like I must find things to keep me busy (yeah, because I don’t have enough already).
I am trying to be positive though and have thought about all the things I am ready to start doing in the upcoming months…. besides play with Princess JR, of course.
So, my list of upcoming goals that I am hoping to bring you guys along on:
- Blogging – Yeah, I kinda do that now… but I would like to get back into my daily posts and posting more about the deals and such that I originally started this blog for. I go back and forth and whether or not I should start a new blog specifically for deals and such, but then I like that this blog is established and I could do both. Maybe? I don’t know… still praying about this decision.
- Coupons – I haven’t been able to coupon shop in over a year. Finding the time to cut coupons, match sales, and simply get to the store have escaped me. In fact, I am not even sure where my coupon binder is since I did not even unpack it when we moved last August. But, I figure if I am going to be home then I could get back into it and Princess JR can tag along. Again, blogging would help me keep up with the sales and coupons and I could pass them on to my readers.
- Once A Month Cooking – Ok, I have tried this once before and it was amazing! I LOVE going to the freezer and grabbing a meal that needs nothing more than a quick toss in the oven or stirring on the stove. SuperDad enjoys helping me prepare the foods and it truly benefits everyone. So, any recipes would be appreciated here!
- Cleaning – Ok, I know that this is something that (obviously) gets done anyways… but I really WANT to get this house organized and clean… and kept that way! I am hoping to get this started soon. I see sites like The FlyLady and desperately want to get started but get overwhelmed when I open any door. I would like to get to the point where I am no longer overwhelmed. Oh how I wish I was a minimalist like my brother. One day… just one day…
- Proverbs 31 – I think that ultimately I am simply striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman. This my ultimate desire and goal in the coming days, months, and years.